Re: info on the AT&T site in MD

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 26, 2011
      Finksburg has been a conspiracy target for a long time; crypto keys,NSA cable taps, NSA annex; one site claims it was a Scopelight GEP but I've never seen any evidence of that, although if VHF/UHF antennas were there it was probably for another network.

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "widebandit" <widebandit@...> wrote:

      > That would be Finksburg with the only example of a full-height, 350' Type-J hardened(?) tower - impossible to miss from the 140 NW of Finksburg...
      >
      > LWTWMD most likely west-end of radio-hop - see the Lewiston page of Albert LaFrance's <http://long-lines.net/> website...
      >
      > Site has been discussed in several previous posts; type 'Finksburg' in the search box...
      >
      > It would be nice to see a photo or two, if someone would be so kind - but perhaps AT&T (or whomever is in possession of the name) will ask they be removed as they did to the
      > <http://coldwar-c4i.net/>
      > webmaster in 2004...
      >
      > - waw -
      >
      > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Chris Myers <noah@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Any info on the AT&T site in MD, 140/Baltimore Blvd and Suffock Rd?
      > >
      > > http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qkksng8kqps0&lvl=20&dir=0&sty=b&form=LMLTCC
      > >
      > > I did not see any reference from Long Line on Landscape sites. The site has the same elevator model building as MD-1, air vent on the eastside of the building. The large building also has what looks to be vents on the south side. No physical security top side can be seen like the other sites. The horns look to be pointed towards Hagerstown, maybe the Project Office to the west?

    • widebandit
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 12, 2014
        Someone was nice enough to post an excellent(!) photo of the Finksburg J-tower on Panoramio:

        http://www.panoramio.com/photo/72243840 http://www.panoramio.com/photo/72243840

        It may not look 350', but each of the 'K' sections is 25' except the base which is 36'-10". Add that to the 13'-2" height of the antenna deck above the top section and you have a 350' tower.

        Notice how the base legs have a slight batter to align them to the 18'-6" column spacing of the underground. All Type-J built over underground have this batter.

        - waw -

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2014
          On 6/12/14 11:53 PM, widebandit@... [coldwarcomms] wrote:
          > Someone was nice enough to post an excellent(!) photo of the Finksburg J-tower on Panoramio:

          Indeed, a great shot!