Re: Just joined the group and added some pix

  • piggypoop1222
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2011
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "piggypoop1222" <domokid@...> wrote:

      > The names max. I am into urban exploration and a while ago we came across a long lines facility, bunkerized, under the surface. Needless to say being nerds this site perked our interests greatly. I began doing lots of research on the long lines systems and technology. Just recently we found a way inside the facility (still owned by att). This is what we found: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coldwarcomms/photos/album/1549006986/pic/list

      After doing a lot more looking around on this groups page I am noticing that this facility in china camp isnt fully underground but the roof of the building is just 2 feet or so off the ground where most of the internal space is under the surface, there is a stairway leading down to the front door at the front of the facility with a wrap around driveway leading to the side where the diesel tanks are. A covered outside area houses all of the hvac equipment and misc tower storage, removable railings and such.

      Gmaps: http://maps.google.com/?ll=37.988726,-122.502772&spn=0.000629,0.000805&t=h&z=21
      There is evidence of a cctv system set up along the inside perimeter of the fence, all the way around. Being so close to san fransisco it seems this facility was a slightly more important repeater than most. In all of my Internet travels i have never seen a long lines compound with a similar layout.