Thanks

  • albert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011
      There have been several post about individual passing morale calls thru their system. I was stationed in Alaska 71/72. I would call my wife in Ok every week using Autovon to call one of several stateside bases and they would put me thru on a WATS line. You had 1/2 hour and they would pull the plug and let someone else call. One time I actually got almost 2 hours. I was helping my wife repair a non working washing machine. It had a broken wire and I had to walk her thru locating and repairing the wire. I guess the operator keep checking and realized how important the call was.

      A BIG thank you to all of the switchboard operator who passed the callss.

      I was in Labator in 64/65. We didn't have dial out so had to go thru several swithcboards to get to McDill and they would call my wife in St Pete. Thanks to them

      Again a BIG thankyou.

      Al Dennis