In search of a dish for Fort Miles

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      Folks, we are on the lookout for an AN-TPS1G dish (I think that's what we had on Battery 519 during the Cold War) and mount to augment our museum. Anyone have any idea where we could get our hands on one? Or at least something fairly close in appearance? It would really make the place pop if we had one, especially if the rotator worked!

      Any help would be greatly appreciated! Imagine seeing that dish all the way to Rehoboth!

      John
    • John K Scoggin Jr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
        It looks as if Radio Research might have an entire TPS-1 system:

        http://radioresearch.thomasnet.com/item/nna-systems-antenna-systems-l-band-a
        ntenna-systems/tps-1-d-v-mobile-surveillance-radar-system/radarsystem?
        <http://radioresearch.thomasnet.com/item/nna-systems-antenna-systems-l-band-
        antenna-systems/tps-1-d-v-mobile-surveillance-radar-system/radarsystem?&plpv
        er=10&origin=keyword&filter=&by=prod>
        &plpver=10&origin=keyword&filter=&by=prod

        john

        John K Scoggin, Jr. W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAM3RE/AAA9SL

        US Army Military Affiliate Radio System

        Delaware Gateway Station AAB3DE

        Special Consultant - Technology

        Emergency Operations Officer - Delaware

        "Old RADEF Officers never die, they simply decay exponentially."

        Chief Engineer

        Mobile Communications Unit 37 (AAT3CAD/W3MCU)

        http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/MCU/index.html

        ARRL Assistant Section Manager, Asst RACES Officer - Delaware

        Senior Member, Civil Air Patrol, Delaware Wing - Diamond Flight 88

        Email: aat3bf@...

        Telephone: (302) 451-5000

        "There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness ..." - Dave
        Barry

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
          On 7/6/11 8:32 AM, John wrote:

          > Folks, we are on the lookout for an AN-TPS1G dish (I think that's what
          > we had on Battery 519 during the Cold War) and mount to augment our
          > museum. Anyone have any idea where we could get our hands on one? Or at
          > least something fairly close in appearance? It would really make the
          > place pop if we had one, especially if the rotator worked!
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated! Imagine seeing that dish all the
          > way to Rehoboth!

          Have you checked with the Historical Electronics Museum near BWI? They may
          have leads.