Re: [coldwarcomms] Geohack; was Google Earth Placemark

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2011
      On 6/15/11 2:40 PM, rojoha@... wrote:

      > Whatever works for folks. But using the link and then clicking on some
      > of the offerings as a DMS point you get a large general area instead of
      > a specific precise point..

      I don't find that problem. To which map service are you referring?

      > I like Google Earth because it allows fairly rapid area searching by
      > scrolling in direction and AGL settings and the ability to slide back
      > and forth through past imagery of an area, all from the keyboard.

      My point is that NO one option fulfills all needs. GE is nice, but there's
      no topo or map. GM offers those, but no airbreather/angle view such as
      Bing's BirdsEye. [GoogleMap has a placeholder for them but I have yet to
      find any location with them.]

      Acme gets me Google maps, topo, terrain, and placemarks... and so forth.
      But each has its own [dis]advantages.

      But the Geohack given you the choice of any/all. And I think it behooves us
      to thank that way on pages we submit to Albert.