Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Lamar Air Force site

  • Jason Bourne
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2011
      Not to get all James Bond-ish here, but I recall many years ago, late 1990s, reading something "de-classified" about a gov't command post that was in the habit of disguising certain antenna arrays as trees, that were very convincing from the air. I'm not saying that these trees near the tower were anything but trees, just speculating.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2011
        Blake-
        On the website you referenced there was a pic with a reference to Michigan Tech. MICHIGAN TECH??
        Who knew - EH?

        Tom Scanlan
        Copper Falls, MI (About 35 miles ENE of Michigan Tech)
        Breckenridge, CO (About 1,379 miles WSW of same...)

        > We drive by the Lamar GEP site at least annually on the way to TX. I don't
        > remember trees near the tower (just cattle... heh). I thought AT&T (?)
        > owned the tower. Anyway, I'll try to remember to take a close look the
        > next time we're in the area (it'll be a couple of months).
        >
        > --
        > David Brunner
        > Aurora, CO.
        >

        > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> http://www.augernorth.org/images/Prowerscountybldg_lg.jpg
        >>
        >> Seems it is a county facility now?

      • galineguy
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2011
          Oh my. With an offramp to Denver International Airport, no doubt.

          ;-)

          --
          David near Denver

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Jason Bourne