Fort Lonesome FL

    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2011
      I found this reference to a circuit from McDill AFB to Ft Lonesome Fl:

      "1. Term and Renewal Options: The term of service is 60 months.

      2. Description of Service: The service provided is Government Dedicated Telecommunications Service.

      3. Rates and Charges: The monthly recurring charge for one VGPL circuit between Ft. Lonesome, FL and MacDill AFB, FL is $458.88 during Months 1 through 24 of the term of service, $450.03 during Months 25 through 36 of the term of service, and $444.27 during Months 37 through 60 of the term of service. The installation charge is $3,237.61."

      I thought I was on to something when a search revealed there was no fort, just a remote intersection in the Fl boonies; also got a conspiracy site hit talking about a secret military base;turns out it was a JSS radar site years ago.

      This document mentions a number of dedicated govt circuit between various points; a couple I found interesting was a T3 between Greenbelt & Fairmont WV(a place of interest in previous posts), and a circuit from Offutt AFB to Nashwauk MN, probably one of those International Boundry Points on a circuit going overhead to Canada.

      This URL will give you a google hit, click on that to get the document:(the Verizon url shown won't work for some reason)

      www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1&nord=1#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=MCIT7_Options_001_-_199.doc&cp=0&pf=p&sclient=psy&nord=1&site=webhp&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=MCIT7_Options_001_-_199.doc&pbx=1&fp=4fb0f0f8f5e6150c&ion=1&biw=1333&bih=668
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2011
        I forgot to mention another circuit of interest: Hanscomb AFB to Cutler ME; was the USAF using the Cutler VLF Transmitter for something?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2014
          More detail on this site:

          FTLSFL, AKA Bowling Green AFS Z-330

          BWLGFLAA

          http://www.radomes.org/museum/showsite.php?site=Fort+Lonesome,+FL

          An earth station nearby:

          BWLGFLQ0001
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2014
            Correction, earth station is BWLGFLQ7000