Re: AJCC Microwave Route Requirements Diagram

  • ozob99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2001
      --- In coldwarcomms@y..., albertjlafrance@c... wrote:
      > I've posted a diagram from 1951, showing the proposed microwave
      routes from
      > Site R (via Quirauk Mountain):
      >
      > http://coldwardc.homestead.com/files/AJCC/AJCC-MW-1951.html
      >
      > If the above doesn't work, go to my main page
      > (http://coldwardc.homestead.com/), hit Enter, and select the
      Alternate Joint
      > Communications Center link to get to the AJCC document list.
      >
      > Albert

      Do you know where the Woodbridge & La Plata sites were?..whats there
      today?..this could have been the miltary tropo hop i've heard about.
    • albertjlafrance@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2001
        Both sites were Army HF radio stations. I believe La Plata was a receiver
        site; it was also a relay station on the Army's first microwave circuit,
        which linked the Pentagon and Ft. Monroe. Woodbridge was a big Army comms
        center but I don't know its exact function.

        I haven't visited either site and don't know the exact locations, but I
        understand that there's not much evidence of the radio installations. I
        think they were closed in the 1960s.

        Albert