RE: [coldwarcomms] Ocala's Pinecastle Bombing Range

  • John K Scoggin Jr (W3JKS/AAT3BF)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
      I used to watch fighters (probably from the Hampton Roads and/or Pax River
      bases) line-up over the smoke stacks of Indian River Power Plant near
      Dagsboro DE on their way out to the Atlantic "playroom". (we have a
      repeater on a nearby tower)

      john

      _____________________________________

      John K Scoggin, Jr. W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAM3RE/AAA9SL
      US Army Military Auxiliary Radio System
      Delaware Gateway Station AAB3DE
      Special Consultant - Technology

      Emergency Operations Officer - DE and Region 3
      "Old RADEF Officers never die, they simply decay exponentially."

      Chief Engineer
      Mobile Communications Unit 37 (AAT3CAD/W3MCU)

      http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/MCU <http://www.armymars.net/>

      ARRL Assistant Section Manager - Delaware

      Member, AMSAT and Radio Society of Great Britain
      Email: aat3bf@...
      Telephone: (302) 451-5000

      "There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness ..." - Dave
      Barry

      _____