RE: [coldwarcomms] Re: Burried cables, corrosion

  • charlie Fargis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
      steel adds strength to the assembly especially underwater or aerial
      also if the copper assembly happens to have less than ideal source and termination impedance,
      signals can be induced or emitted. By adding a second shield it reduces that possibilty
      (Works liek RG6 QS does on cable and satellite.)

      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      From: osr@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 00:36:10 +0000
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] Re: Burried cables, corrosion

      In the cable picture on this page:

      http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/education-centre/long-distance/coaxial-cable/

      What is the primary purpose of the "magnetic shielding tape" ?

      Steve

    • lasertower
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
        Thanks, I was hoping for some nefarious anti-tapping reason.
        Case in point, the radioisotope powered pods made famous in
        operation IVY BELLS.

        Steve