Texas Tower Tropo Antenna

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010
      This is the only photo I've seen of the shore terminal antenna's, and I don't believe it's been posted here. These were the antenna's at Montauk AFS NY serving Texas Tower 3.

      http://www.radomes.org/museum/photos/MontaukAFSLINYtropo59.jpg

      According to this page there were a pair of identical antenna's at
      Highlands AFS NJ(TT 4); and three at North Truro AFS MA, probably for improved performance(space diversity)for the 110 mile distance to TT 2.

      http://www.radomes.org/museum/documents/HighlandsAFSNJtroposcatter.html

      Photo's of the anchor pads & foundation at the North Truro site have been posted previously, and may be found in radomes.org for that site.(TT 2)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2014
        An interesting personal narrative video on Highlands AFS and Montauk AFS:

        http://vimeo.com/jerseybayshore/review/113413055/2261f3b876