NECPA Tropo system?

  • Nick England
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
      I just posted the spec sheet for the Navy's AN/FRC-92 at
      http://www.navy-radio.com/xmtrs/uhf/frc92.pdf

      345-400mc, 20 kw transmitter, dual diversity

      Perhaps this was the system used for the tropo links from Lola, Cape
      Cod, and Lewes to USS Wright & USS Northhampton??

      Lewes antennas are shown at
      http://www.navy-radio.com/commsta/lewes-ant-01.jpg

      Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
      cheers,
      Nick
      www.navy-radio.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
        Good find, I'd bet that's what wss on the ships & shore stations; I always suspected it was REL 2600 or similar; & this may have been the only Navy tropo system, at least in CONUS.

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Nick England <navy.radio@...> wrote:

        > I just posted the spec sheet for the Navy's AN/FRC-92 at
        > http://www.navy-radio.com/xmtrs/uhf/frc92.pdf
        >
        > 345-400mc, 20 kw transmitter, dual diversity
        >
        > Perhaps this was the system used for the tropo links from Lola, Cape
        > Cod, and Lewes to USS Wright & USS Northhampton??
        >
        > Lewes antennas are shown at
        > http://www.navy-radio.com/commsta/lewes-ant-01.jpg
        >
        > Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
        > cheers,
        > Nick
        > www.navy-radio.com

      • taskforceleader
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010
          Interesting that one of the Lewes antennas is a lot taller than the other.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010
            Probable space diversity.