RE: [coldwarcomms] Re: Electrical grid article

  • charlie Fargis
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 3, 2010
      nah thatsa a cell site in a can almost across the street.
      You are close.
      move left. Building is much larger

      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      From: wb8foz@...
      Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:08:17 -0400
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Electrical grid article

      On 7/2/10 7:27 PM, charlie Fargis wrote:

      > the barn like building covers the hatch as it were

      This barn????

      <http://tinyurl.com/nothebatcave>

    • charlie Fargis
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 3, 2010
        what happened?
        The first time I clicked on the tiny URL it went to the cell building
        the next time it hit it spot on. ?????
        badda bing ;>)}

      • roger.hendrixson
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
          Yes, what exit off the Turnpike....you recall AT&T Cedarbrook ?

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Sam Etler <etler@...> wrote:

          > http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/07/power-grid/achenbach-text
          >
          > Not really coldwarcomms exactly though I'm curious about one little snippit:
          >
          > "One of PJM's new control centers is an hour north of Philadelphia.
          > Last February I went to visit it with Ray E. Dotter, a company
          > spokesman.
          > Dotter pulled off the turnpike in the middle of nowhere. A
          > communications tower poked above the treetops. We drove onto a
          > compound surrounded by a security fence. Soon we were in the bunker,
          > built by AT&T during the Cold War to withstand anything but a direct
          > nuclear hit and recently purchased by PJM to serve as its new nerve
          > center."
          >
          > Anyone have thoughts on what site they're talking about
          >
          > sam

        • roger.hendrixson
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
            Yes, what exit off the Turnpike....you recall AT&T Cedarbrook ?

            --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Sam Etler <etler@...> wrote:

            > http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/07/power-grid/achenbach-text
            >
            > Not really coldwarcomms exactly though I'm curious about one little snippit:
            >
            > "One of PJM's new control centers is an hour north of Philadelphia.
            > Last February I went to visit it with Ray E. Dotter, a company
            > spokesman.
            > Dotter pulled off the turnpike in the middle of nowhere. A
            > communications tower poked above the treetops. We drove onto a
            > compound surrounded by a security fence. Soon we were in the bunker,
            > built by AT&T during the Cold War to withstand anything but a direct
            > nuclear hit and recently purchased by PJM to serve as its new nerve
            > center."
            >
            > Anyone have thoughts on what site they're talking about
            >
            > sam

          • ocsrc
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
              Exit 32 off 476 ( used to be PA 9, or the Northeast Extension as the locals called it.

              Bear right at the light off the exit on 663 South towards Pennsburg.

              Over the bridge, thorugh the light at the Spinnerstown Rd intersection.

              Left onto Old Plains Road. If you reach the traffic light at Kings Highway you missed the turn.

              Follow Old Plains Rd about 3/4 mile.

              It is on the right, you can't miss it.

              If you reach the end of Old Plains Rd, you went too far.

              High Security at this site now.

              I would call before going there.

              I went there when it was owned by ATC and in the process of being sold it only took 5 minutes for state police to arrive.

              --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "roger.hendrixson" <roger.hendrixson@...> wrote:

              > Yes, what exit off the Turnpike....you recall AT&T Cedarbrook ?
              >
              > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Sam Etler <etler@> wrote:
              > >
              > > http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/07/power-grid/achenbach-text
              > >
              > > Not really coldwarcomms exactly though I'm curious about one little snippit:
              > >
              > > "One of PJM's new control centers is an hour north of Philadelphia.
              > > Last February I went to visit it with Ray E. Dotter, a company
              > > spokesman.
              > > Dotter pulled off the turnpike in the middle of nowhere. A
              > > communications tower poked above the treetops. We drove onto a
              > > compound surrounded by a security fence. Soon we were in the bunker,
              > > built by AT&T during the Cold War to withstand anything but a direct
              > > nuclear hit and recently purchased by PJM to serve as its new nerve
              > > center."
              > >
              > > Anyone have thoughts on what site they're talking about
              > >
              > > sam

            • widebandit
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
                More like 2-miles S on Old Plains from the 663....waw...

                --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "ocsrc" <radical.bill@...> wrote:

                > Exit 32 off 476 ( used to be PA 9, or the Northeast Extension as the locals called it.
                >
                > Bear right at the light off the exit on 663 South towards Pennsburg.
                >
                > Over the bridge, thorugh the light at the Spinnerstown Rd intersection.
                >
                > Left onto Old Plains Road. If you reach the traffic light at Kings Highway you missed the turn.
                >
                > Follow Old Plains Rd about 3/4 mile.
                >
                > It is on the right, you can't miss it.
                >
                > If you reach the end of Old Plains Rd, you went too far.
                >
                > High Security at this site now.
                >
                > I would call before going there.
                >
                > I went there when it was owned by ATC and in the process of being sold it only took 5 minutes for state police to arrive.
                >

                > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "roger.hendrixson" <roger.hendrixson@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yes, what exit off the Turnpike....you recall AT&T Cedarbrook ?
                > >
                > > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Sam Etler <etler@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/07/power-grid/achenbach-text
                > > >
                > > > Not really coldwarcomms exactly though I'm curious about one little snippit:
                > > >
                > > > "One of PJM's new control centers is an hour north of Philadelphia.
                > > > Last February I went to visit it with Ray E. Dotter, a company
                > > > spokesman.
                > > > Dotter pulled off the turnpike in the middle of nowhere. A
                > > > communications tower poked above the treetops. We drove onto a
                > > > compound surrounded by a security fence. Soon we were in the bunker,
                > > > built by AT&T during the Cold War to withstand anything but a direct
                > > > nuclear hit and recently purchased by PJM to serve as its new nerve
                > > > center."
                > > >
                > > > Anyone have thoughts on what site they're talking about
                > > >
                > > > sam

              • widebandit
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
                  Cedar Brook 1 and 2 are in New Jersey, SE of Camden.

                  <http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qmqrjp8rqjv0&scene=17785949&lvl=1&sty=b>

                  ...waw...