Re: [coldwarcomms] The End

  • lnmes@uaf.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2001
      I used to have a copy of a clear text message standing down SAC from
      full-time alert. This was in the early 90's- some of you may have seen the
      same mesage (I think I copied it from an issue of MONITORING TIMES). It
      was a real message as far as I could see, and in my opinion would really
      represent the "End" of the Cold War. I suppose another date would be the
      stand down of alert "Looking Glass" flights as well which also happened in
      the very early 90's as I recall.

      On another note, has anyone read "BIG RED" yet? The excerpt about SSBN
      launch procedures in a recent TIME magazine was great.

      Mark Edward Springer
      WL7BCT
      Hooper Bay, Alaska