Trip to AT&T Gainesville

  • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 12:52 PM
      For anyone interested, I took a trip to AT&T gainesville today. I've never
      been to an *active* military-use only AT&T microwave facility (Grayson was
      closed and civilian only) and was quite impressed by the security (No CCTV,
      but two barbwired fences with the inner fence that surrounded the antenna and
      building ). I also saw a interesting antenna above the four microwave horns.
      The thing that made it interesting to me was the center part of this antenna
      was spiral shaped, unlike the whip antennas I saw at Conyers and Grayson.
      Pictures will be soon available and I plan to make some more trips because I
      only spent a few minutes at Gainesville
      George