Re: White House "Cannonball" tower details

  • johncross910@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 21, 2010
      The tower was closed down in june of 1970, and decommisioned in 1977. No Government Agency will accept the financial burden to demolish this facility.

      John

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Todd" <TSniffin@...> wrote:

      > Last I heard it was privately owned, not used for anything, and not maintained.
      >
      > TS
      >
      > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone know what it is used for now, or its status, or ownership?
      > >

      > > Don't take your organs to heaven,
      > > heaven knows we need them down here!
      > > Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 21, 2010
        http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10138133

        Maybe the same pic.

        http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11928694

        I was a bit lost for a minute there - this is the site
        that the Feds say they can't figure out who owns.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 21, 2010
          You have the right location. Our Federal Goverment in action.