Re: Why bypass; re: More cable Questions

  • s82917
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
      Another example would be when the L4 cable was installed across Iowa in the late '60s it crossed the older L1 (probably upgraded to L3 by that point) Des Moines to Minneapolis coax, but did not connect to it as far as I know. The point of crossing was about 10 miles east of the Boone L4 main station.

      The Des Moines to Minneapolis TD-2 microwave route was altered, however, to connect to the L4 route at Boone. This was done by reaiming the horn antennas at Kelly (AKA Ames) and Radcliffe towards a new tower at Boone.

      Terry