Oskaloosa KS

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2010
      Finally got some new sites closed,

      Oskaloosa KS is an interesting one - the land was owned by Southwestern
      Bell - the tower is an AT&T long lines style, and the building is AT&T style
      and layout EXCEPT for an additional room on the end away from the generator
      room - which had its own outside access, and a door inside between the main
      room and this.

      Waveguide had its own port.

      Seems while this does appear on the AT&T route maps, it also was a SWBT
      site.

      Most of the ones like this I have seen were on AT&T land.

      Genset was the standard AT&T diesel set.
      Don't take your organs to heaven,
      heaven knows we need them down here!
    • lasertower
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2010
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@...> wrote:

        > Finally got some new sites closed,
        >
        > Oskaloosa KS is an interesting one - the land was owned by Southwestern
        > Bell - the tower is an AT&T long lines style, and the building is AT&T style
        > and layout EXCEPT for an additional room on the end away from the generator
        > room - which had its own outside access, and a door inside between the main
        > room and this.

        Was there a shot to Ft Leavenworth ? Just looked at a google map..

        Steve