Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: ETAM (was Camp Dawson)(was Rowlesburg,WV relocation site?)

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2010
      Don't take your organs to heaven,
      heaven knows we need them down here!

      >> Now, this was in fact, the first repeater out of Etam, but
      >> it was between Etam and Rowlesburg. It gave the elevation
      >> to the link, it would not work in the valley that Etam sits in.
      >
      > Interesting, a 1972 map shows Laurel Mt(talking to Arthurdale) and Etam R;
      > with Etam R also shooting N to Rowlesburg(talking to Valley Pt); anyway
      > the station with the possible Camp Dawson connection is Rowlesburg.

      The route that includes Arthurdale came into existance fairly late in the
      game - my 1971 map shows
      the route you mention also, but not sure if the Etam R is another name for
      laurel Mountain or not, it is a
      glob of ink there.

      I suspect it was listed as two sites, the Long Lines building, the compound
      around
      that, was Laurel Mountain, and the Earth Station Recieve site, although
      right next to the site, was
      Etam Recieve. Sounds very probable. I will pull the deed and see if it
      says anything - when I get
      a chance to pull it from storage.

      I did find that the telco service to the Etam site is through the Rowlesburg
      switch.