FCC Relocation Sites

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2010
      Perusing the FCC Annual Reports from 1954-1967 I found a few items of interest, especially the benevolence of the FCC in providing 2 family rendezvous points for employees and their families; I've found no mention of this in any other agency documents.

      The 1960 report mentions an unspecified family rendezvous point established, with provisions for food,shelter,generators and radio communications.

      The 1962 report states a 2nd family rendezvous site established in Md.

      The 1963 report gives the locations: Linton Hall school near Bristow,Va(Manassas); and Charlotte Hall Military Academy, Md.

      The 1959-1963 reports also mention these items:

      FCC HQ relocation site,FCC Region Office relocation sites, emergency mobile comms station, testing of comms to the OCDM classified location monthly,installing Kineplex printers at these sites,using FM SCA and AM FSK on radio stations for emergency comms(including a circuit from Omaha to Washington),AP/UPI news networks for emergency alerts,remote antennas associated with relocation sites, Operation Alert activities.

      Most of the above contained in the "National Defense" sections of the Annual Reports, which may be seen & downloaded at:

      http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/annual_reports.html