Energy Sector in Danger of Cyberattack

  • Mike Cowen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2010
      It's just shy of a year since we first discussed this threat...

      A former Department of Homeland Security official is warning that the
      nation's energy grid could be opening itself up to crippling
      cyberattacks. Greg Garcia, former Assistant Secretary of Cyber
      Security for Homeland Security, told Ziff-Davis Enterprise in an
      exclusive video interview that the energy industry's move to embrace
      so-called "smart grid" technology could allow hackers to disrupt our
      critical infrastructure in new and very dangerous ways.

      [video]
      http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/Security/Energy-Sector-in-Danger-of-Cyberattack/
    • atfema21
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2010
        Hi all

        Newbe here, I joined the group several weeks ago after stumbling upon it while browsing different sites.
        I've been with FEMA for almost 22 years and I'm amazed at what was /is known about some of these programs.I would be willing to answer any questions anyone may have that I can.
        I've been slogging through all of the old posts, some humorous, some entertaining, some close to the mark and some not. IAE a wealth of information that is fascinating to go through.
        Let you know when I'm done catching up.

        Thanks

        sorry for going off topic