1960 Discussion Paper on Continental Defense

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010
      Section 3,B,11 & 12 mention BMEWS Site 1 nearing completion;the MIDAS satellite detection system; and TEEPEE, an early OTH project.

      www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-issues/nuclear-weapons/history/prez_policies/ike/defense.pdf

      Looking into TEEPEE I found other OTH projects at that time: MUSIC, & MADRE, an NRL system tested at Chesapeake Beach,Md. Apparently experiments continue there to this day,along with a site on Solomons Island.

      www.nrl.navy.mil/content.php?P=HORIZONRADAR

      www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA472254&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf