AT&T Garden City, VA route map

  • albertjlafrance@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
      I've begun moving my Bell System web site from Homestead to the Addr.com
      web-hosting service. The new main URL is http://www.addr.com/~longlines

      I've updated my Garden City web page to include a 1970 route map:

      http://www19.addr.com/~longline/places-routes/Garden_City/index.html

      BTW, Addr.com seems like a pretty good deal for hosting: their Basic Account
      is $7.95/mo for 50MB storage and 1GB traffic.

      Albert
    • ozob99@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2001
        --- In coldwarcomms@y..., albertjlafrance@c... wrote:
        > I've begun moving my Bell System web site from Homestead to the
        Addr.com
        > web-hosting service. The new main URL is
        http://www.addr.com/~longlines

        > I've updated my Garden City web page to include a 1970 route map:
        >
        > http://www19.addr.com/~longline/places-routes/Garden_City/index.html
        >
        > BTW, Addr.com seems like a pretty good deal for hosting: their
        Basic
        Account
        > is $7.95/mo for 50MB storage and 1GB traffic.
        >
        > Albert

        Garden City was also an STC(serving test center) for private line
        circuits,including some overseas; i believe it had some govt mobile
        service at one time; in addition to the high tech carriers, it had
        metallic circuit units to richmond on the richmond-washington A & B
        cables; also recall that the video switching control for the networks
        was dc composite signalling on cable!...speaking of composite
        signalling, the B1 alarm system for L3(a very complex
        electro-mechanical scheme) was composite signals on the
        paper pairs.