Re: 17B Toll Testboard Photo's - Direct Links

  • jhaynesatalumni
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 5, 2009
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel D. Watson" <watson061502@...> wrote:

      > I finally got the other photo to open for me, and I have direct links to
      > both photo's included below for anyone who'd like them:
      >

      > http://image58.webshots.com/58/1/10/90/2719110900090170478RFaPJo_fs.jpg
      >
      > http://image58.webshots.com/58/6/47/43/2010647430090170478Mqlbmo_fs.jpg

      On both of those I get the message Forbidden: you do not have
      permission to access xxxx on this server.
    • Nathan Watson
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 5, 2009
        Are you trying to load these from work, or someplace that would have a firewall?

        Also, try using FireFox. Internet Explorer is rather brain-dead.

        Nathan

      • tomandsue@pasty.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 5, 2009
          From 1977 - 1979 I was GM and Director of Engineering for the ABC TV station just down US319 from Thomasville. Thomasville had an old 6-cable coax from the Southern Bell office in downtown Thomasville to an unused building that at one time housed WCTV, Channel 6 which had long since moved its studios to Tallahassee. We installed our own intercity 7GHz microwave to our tower on US319, and the Thomasville Bell coax was re-optimized and used to feed us a signal from WALB in Albany, where they had a local loop to the ABC AT&T national feed. The entire lash-up, with no backup (it was called ETV grade service) was a lot cheaper for all concerned, even though the same radios could have been used to deliver the ABC feed directly to Thomasville. Those tariff's will get you if you're not careful! Many times I was on the phone with Thomasville's test board, asking for various test signals. They were a great bunch to work with. Small world.

          Tom Scanlan

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 6, 2009
            IE8 is more forthcoming: "This website requires you to log in."

            If you want to mess with it, you might try joining webshots.com, if that's an option.

            Frank

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 6, 2009
              Any version of IE is going to be brain-dead.

              That aside, if anyone really wants these photos, email me privately and I'll send them as attachments, or put them on a real photo hosting site if there is enough demand.

              I'm able to get these links to work using FireFox and other standards-compliant browsers, on both a Mac and a PC at different locations. If someone is trying to load these from a workplace, you're likely running into a firewall.

              Again, let me know if you'd like a copy of these pictures and I'll work something out.

              Nathan

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 6, 2009
                I'm using Firefox and Linux.
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 7, 2009
                  --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel D. Watson" <watson061502@...> wrote:

                  > Do you happen to know what location this photo was in?
                  >
                  > Also, do you or anyone else have any photos of the 17C testboard (4W, for
                  > #4A XBAR)? My father worked with those and I'd sure love to see a picture of
                  > one.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Nathan

                  I found a photo of the original 17C testboard lineup in Philadelphia, which I can send to those interested.