PAVE PAWS SE

  • Clay Gibbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 10:24 PM
      04 APR 01

      Today I went and checked out the Pave Paws radar
      located at Robins AFB, GA. Very impressive site !! FAS
      lists the facility in caretaker status. I assumed this
      meant civie contractors, but I noticed many USAF
      uniformed workers/caretakers marshalling in and out.
      There was an ECP that was manned, but the gate was
      swung open. Also of interest was what looked to be a
      helo pad adjacent to the parking lot. A nice touch to
      the area entrance is in the form of a wooden sign that
      reads "Pave Paws Southeast--- Watchtower of Freedom"

      Clay Gibbs

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/