AT&T Project Offices question

  • quiet_cool1986
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Sorry to change topics here, but I'm curious about the "5 hardened AT&T
      Project offices" on the east coast. On the website
      http://coldwar-c4i.net <http://coldwar-c4i.net> it says that these
      facilities housed AT&T systems but that their primary function was
      likely a highly classified continuity-of-government program. My question
      is kind of a "chicken or the egg"--- did AT&T have the facilities built
      and then the gov't took them over or did the gov't build them and "rent"
      them to AT&T?

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "quiet_cool1986" <quiet_cool1986@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to change topics here, but I'm curious about the "5 hardened AT&T
        > Project offices" on the east coast. On the website
        > http://coldwar-c4i.net <http://coldwar-c4i.net> it says that these
        > facilities housed AT&T systems but that their primary function was
        > likely a highly classified continuity-of-government program. My question
        > is kind of a "chicken or the egg"--- did AT&T have the facilities built
        > and then the gov't took them over or did the gov't build them and "rent"
        > them to AT&T?

        Joint "project" from the gitgo.
      • quiet_cool1986
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
          Thanks very much, that was what i figured but was not sure. Actually
          I've often wondered how much of a process it was to get a job at one of
          those places; I wonder how AT&T recruits people for these jobs and what
          they look for. Of course in the event of an emergency, not being able to
          bring one's family would be a definate negative but I guess we can't all
          have a "Nixon suite" huh? lol

          > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "quiet_cool1986" quiet_cool1986@
          wrote:

          > > Sorry to change topics here, but I'm curious about the "5 hardened
          AT&T
          > > Project offices" on the east coast. On the website
          > > http://coldwar-c4i.net <http://coldwar-c4i.net> it says that these
          > > facilities housed AT&T systems but that their primary function was
          > > likely a highly classified continuity-of-government program. My
          question
          > > is kind of a "chicken or the egg"--- did AT&T have the facilities
          built
          > > and then the gov't took them over or did the gov't build them and
          "rent"
          > > them to AT&T?

          > Joint "project" from the gitgo.

        • Blake Bowers
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
            Your first step,

            http://connect.att.jobs/

            A more technical avenue often used for "short term"
            employment is through one of the contractors such as SDT. You
            might find however that part time runs for years and years.

            Don't take your organs to heaven,
            heaven knows we need them down here!

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
              > I wonder how AT&T recruits people for these jobs and what
              > they look for. Of course in the event of an emergency, not being able to
              > bring one's family would be a definate negative but I guess we can't all
              > have a "Nixon suite" huh?

              Do remember that such were sure to be high priority targets....