NEAR

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2009
      > For example, HD said the program ended in 1967. Not so; the program died
      > in 1964-65. Basically, it was not funded in the FY65 budget.

      Without knowing the specifics on this case, I'd note that what you say does
      not totally clash with their report. Many a program gets top-end funding
      cut/not renewed, but does not die instantly. They hang around using up what
      money is left, while seeking a reprieve or some new justification: ["See
      Senator -- it's not just a floor wax, it's also a dessert topping!"]

      Weapons programs are infamous for this. I keep expecting to hear the F-22
      folks explaining it's really also a refueling tanker and cargo hauler....