Re: Horn in Cleveland/Terminal Tower links.

  • lasertower
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8 4:42 PM
      Horn in question is down on tower city, just peeking over the parapet.

      I did locate the two remaining high dishes topside, on the E_W path. they belong to Norfolk and Southern Railway, as far as I can tell, some dishes in the building must aim out windows after the rebuild. 231 meters is my idea of a long path. I wonder what the height of the receive dishes on the other ends are after all the fresnel zone stuff.

      I will get the lat/long of the tower city path later this week with a handheld GPS.

      Steve
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 9 7:33 AM
        My office is pretty high up in Key Tower so I could probably get some nice
        close up shots if desired...

        -Eric
        --
        www.akaradio.com
        www.er1c.net

        --
        www.akaradio.com
        www.er1c.net

      • Kris Kirby
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12 10:02 PM
          On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, lasertower wrote:
          > I did locate the two remaining high dishes topside, on the E_W path.
          > they belong to Norfolk and Southern Railway, as far as I can tell,
          > some dishes in the building must aim out windows after the rebuild.
          > 231 meters is my idea of a long path. I wonder what the height of the
          > receive dishes on the other ends are after all the fresnel zone stuff.

          For perspective, when the kids shot 125 miles using WiFi out in the
          Nevada desert, each endpoint was up on a 6,000 ft mountain, with the
          valley (part of Great Basin) between them. Oh, to have two six-thousand
          foot towers and nothing but paper-flat land between them.

          --
          Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
          Disinformation Analyst