Re: Blue Ridge Summit

  • John
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
      Site for many a sub-orbital Polyphaser launch!

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Fargis" <lackey91@...> wrote:

      > Good old MT. Q.
      > Pretty high up. Great lightening rod for blowing up transmitter finals.

    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
        I never had a problem one on Q with lightning.

        Not the tallest tower there, but still one of them.

        Don't take your organs to heaven,
        heaven knows we need them down here!

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
          In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road? Supposed
          to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.

          Don't take your organs to heaven,
          heaven knows we need them down here!
        • Mike Walker
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
            Yeah, it runs like from Graceham down to Creagerstown, why?

            2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@...>

            > In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road? Supposed
            > to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.
            >
            > Don't take your organs to heaven,
            > heaven knows we need them down here!
            > Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

          • Blake Bowers
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
              This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                Is that a repeater hut site?

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                  Can you provide any more info on it? Why is it of interest? How is it
                  affliated with Site R?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                    Yes, L hut site. L3S.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                      L3S site.

                      Don't take your organs to heaven,
                      heaven knows we need them down here!

                      > Can you provide any more info on it? Why is it of interest? How is it
                      > affliated with Site R?
                      >
                      > 2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@...>
                      >

                      >> This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit
                      >>

                      >> Don't take your organs to heaven,
                      >> heaven knows we need them down here!
                      >> Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

                    • jason garver
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                        Like Mike said Graceham runs from Graceham down to Creagerstown. It's only a few miles west of me.
                        Looking at the map there's a Gladhill Rd that runs just north of the PA line out of Blue Ridge Summit
                        and turns into Harbaugh Valley Rd. that loops around the mountain that is Site R.

                        --
                        Jason Garver
                        Pilot ASEL/G, A&P

                        This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit

                        Don't take your organs to heaven,
                        heaven knows we need them down here!

                        > Yeah, it runs like from Graceham down to Creagerstown, why?
                        >

                        > 2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@... <mailto:bbowers%40mozarks.com>
                        >

                        >> In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road?
                        >> Supposed
                        >> to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.
                        >>
                        >> Don't take your organs to heaven,
                        >> heaven knows we need them down here!
                        >> Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

                      • charlie Fargis
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
                          bing has good pix
                          if you follow HVR you will find that it makes a hairpin turn at Cove Hollow Road.
                          If you follow HVR northwest from the intersection you run in a relatively new tower, the biggest yagi I have evr seen and what looks like an old concrete tower