Blue Ridge Summit

  • paul rosa
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
      *MARYLAND *

      *DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT *

      *WATER MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATION NOTICE OF APPLICATION RECEIVED *

      * *

      *Washington County *

      * *

      *State Discharge Permit Application: *

      * *AT&T Corp., In Care of Michael Baker Jr., Inc., 4301 Dutch Ridge
      Road, Beaver, PA 15009 submitted an application for a permit to
      discharge variable volumes of storm water from a construction site named
      AT&T Blue Ridge Summit to Mt Quirauk Fiber Optic Telecommunications
      Cable consisting of 1.97 acres located 1.58 miles across northwest
      Frederick County and 2.0 miles across northeast Washington County,
      Cascade, MD 21719. An informational meeting will be held to discuss the
      application and the permitting process if a written request is received
      by *April 15, 2009*. The request should be forwarded to the *Maryland
      Department of the Environment, Water Management Administration, 1800
      Washington Blvd., Suite 420, Baltimore, Maryland 21230-1708, Attn: Ms.
      Karen Smith*. Hearing-

      impaired persons may request an interpreter at the informational meeting
      by contacting Ms. Smith at least ten working days prior to the scheduled
      meeting at (410) 537-3401 or at the above address.

      Any person wishing to review the application should contact Ms. Smith at
      the above telephone number to schedule an appointment. Copies may be
      obtained at a cost of $0.36 per page.
    • Charles Fargis
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
        Good old MT. Q.
        Pretty high up. Great lightening rod for blowing up transmitter finals.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
          Site for many a sub-orbital Polyphaser launch!

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Fargis" <lackey91@...> wrote:

          > Good old MT. Q.
          > Pretty high up. Great lightening rod for blowing up transmitter finals.

        • Blake Bowers
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 8, 2009
            I never had a problem one on Q with lightning.

            Not the tallest tower there, but still one of them.

            Don't take your organs to heaven,
            heaven knows we need them down here!

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
              In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road? Supposed
              to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.

              Don't take your organs to heaven,
              heaven knows we need them down here!
            • Mike Walker
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                Yeah, it runs like from Graceham down to Creagerstown, why?

                2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@...>

                > In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road? Supposed
                > to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.
                >
                > Don't take your organs to heaven,
                > heaven knows we need them down here!
                > Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

              • Blake Bowers
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                  This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                    Is that a repeater hut site?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                      Can you provide any more info on it? Why is it of interest? How is it
                      affliated with Site R?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                        Yes, L hut site. L3S.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                          L3S site.

                          Don't take your organs to heaven,
                          heaven knows we need them down here!

                          > Can you provide any more info on it? Why is it of interest? How is it
                          > affliated with Site R?
                          >
                          > 2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@...>
                          >

                          >> This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit
                          >>

                          >> Don't take your organs to heaven,
                          >> heaven knows we need them down here!
                          >> Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

                        • jason garver
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 30, 2011
                            Like Mike said Graceham runs from Graceham down to Creagerstown. It's only a few miles west of me.
                            Looking at the map there's a Gladhill Rd that runs just north of the PA line out of Blue Ridge Summit
                            and turns into Harbaugh Valley Rd. that loops around the mountain that is Site R.

                            --
                            Jason Garver
                            Pilot ASEL/G, A&P

                            This is supposed to be IN PA, with a mailing address of Blue Ridge Summit

                            Don't take your organs to heaven,
                            heaven knows we need them down here!

                            > Yeah, it runs like from Graceham down to Creagerstown, why?
                            >

                            > 2011/3/30 Blake Bowers <bbowers@... <mailto:bbowers%40mozarks.com>
                            >

                            >> In the area around Site R, is anyone familiar with GRACEHAM road?
                            >> Supposed
                            >> to be close to R, on the PA side, in Blue Ridge Summit.
                            >>
                            >> Don't take your organs to heaven,
                            >> heaven knows we need them down here!
                            >> Be an organ donor, sign your donor card today.

                          • charlie Fargis
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
                              bing has good pix
                              if you follow HVR you will find that it makes a hairpin turn at Cove Hollow Road.
                              If you follow HVR northwest from the intersection you run in a relatively new tower, the biggest yagi I have evr seen and what looks like an old concrete tower