Re: Horn in Cleveland/Terminal Tower links

  • radargeek247
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
      I've never seen horns used for privately owned TV relay, except when the circuits are Bell/Telco common carriers and video circuits such as local loops are rented, in which case the video channels are usually put on common carrier paths.

      Assuming WEWS has its own video circuit from the Terminal Tower to Akson, most likely they'd be using dishes, probably with radomes. The FCC's TV Intercity Relay service generally is in the 7 or 13 MHz band. I believe most of the 2GHz stuff is pretty well gone, displaced by the Spring deal. But, perhaps WEWS is on a very long term lease with a telco? In this case, if its a custom job, perhaps horns were used. I dunno.....

      "Yooper Tom" Scanlan