133 Years Ago TODAY, 10-March-1876, WATSON COME HERE!

  • Mark J. Cuccia
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      I forwarded my earlier posting on today's Chicago Tribune article on
      Caller-ID Name Errors (BTW, that posting was NOT sent to Yahoo:Strowger,
      Yahoo:Coldwarcomms, nor Yahoo:TENproject), to some telephone company
      retiree contacts.... and one of them emailed me back, reminding me
      that today, the 10th of March, is the 133rd anniversary of the
      telephone itself, when on Friday 10-March-1876, Alexander Graham Bell
      successfully transmitted speech over an electrical line, when he called
      out:

      "WATSON, COME HERE! I NEED YOU."

      (or maybe it was ... "I 'want' you" ???)

      mjc