RE: [coldwarcomms] Cellular at Pentagon, White House, OEB etc

  • Box SisteenHundred
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
      I don't know how it works in the WhiteHouse, but when I was
      in Law Enforcement, our city had/has some underground locations,
      underground parking garages and tunnels.

      In those areas, small repeater antennas were mounted on each level
      that allowed our 1980's era HT's to hear and get out from areas that
      had been previously unreachable.

      Bill

    • Rod Lannon
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
        Not all areas are considered secure areas and
        thus are not RF shielded. To make the entire
        Pentagon, OEB, and WH RF shielded would be
        tremendously expensive.

        Areas that are not shielded, but hold classified
        meetings, have strict guidelines as to what one may take
        into said rooms or meeting places. In some cases
        nothing is allowed inside, except for the person
        and their clothing. Which is checked before
        entry for a variety of items.

        Rod
      • Pj
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
          The same device, or one similar can been seen on the Air Force One special(s?) that were on NGC HD not too long ago on GWB's desk a few times.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
            I lived near Ft Meade while NSA was building its two new black box
            buildings. During the construction and before the black glass exterior
            was installed you could see copper screen covering the whole building.
            Heard once that it was cheaper to Tempest proof the building as opposed
            to each piece of equipment inside.

            Not all areas are considered secure areas and
            thus are not RF shielded. To make the entire
            Pentagon, OEB, and WH RF shielded would be
            tremendously expensive.

            Areas that are not shielded, but hold classified
            meetings, have strict guidelines as to what one may take
            into said rooms or meeting places. In some cases
            nothing is allowed inside, except for the person
            and their clothing. Which is checked before
            entry for a variety of items.

            Rod

            This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may also be privileged, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else; please notify the FileTek Security Administrators [secureIT@...] immediately and destroy this email and any copies of it. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of FileTek, Inc. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. FileTek, Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
              FWIW: I've heard that POTUS is carrying... a Blackberry. (Not a SMEPED. He
              did not like them.)

              I would assume, with good reason, that it's data-only; the mike/earpiece
              having been rendered inoperative.
            • B
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
                He now has a reprogeammed palm computer.

                The Feds have a new encrypted palm brand device that works like a blackberry

                Not too hard to get a similar tech for yourself. The iPhone supports VPN (virtual private networking and has AES encryption hard wired into the machine.

                For some freeware there is a program out that will encrypt a file 3 ways meaning encrypted by one way then that is encrypted by another then that is encrypted by a third method.

                Now I just got to find a program that turns my computer and phone modem into a stu unit that can connect over a regular line.

                Sent from my iPhone