Re: AUTOVON map - followup

    Message 1 of 10 , May 3, 1999
      Mark,

      Was there any indication of fiber, or was it just L-carrier? The route I
      mentioned earlier, crossing I-95 WNW of Waldorf, is L-carrier replaced with
      fiber. So if the route you saw in Waldorf had no fiber, we may be looking
      at two different routes.

      ...Albert

      Message text written by INTERNET:coldwarcomms@onelist.com
      >I have briefly visited Waldorf and I can assertain there is at least one
      >L Carrier cable running due west from Waldorf through the little shopping
      >center across the street. The cable marking post were still there in late
      98.
    • Mark Foster
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 1999
        At 01:55 PM 5/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
        >From: Albert LaFrance <ALaFrance@...>
        >
        >Mark,
        >
        >Was there any indication of fiber, or was it just L-carrier? The route I
        >mentioned earlier, crossing I-95 WNW of Waldorf, is L-carrier replaced with
        >fiber. So if the route you saw in Waldorf had no fiber, we may be looking
        >at two different routes.
        >
        >...Albert

        I was only there for a brief time (someone else was driving and I was on
        business), but the
        age and style of the cable markers was circa 1970's. My driver had pulled
        into the shopping center (small) just
        west of the Waldorf facility and I saw the markers at the edge of the
        parking lot. They looked very old. I do not
        remember if there were fiber cable warnings on the poles.