1965 NorthEast Power Grid Failure

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
      An interesting report on how this affected various gov't comms
      services, including High Point, and a what if scenario at the NMCC &
      Pentagon.

      http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/reading_room/68.pdf
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
        Great document! I just skimmed it, but noticed the footnote on p. 108
        mentioning an AT&T 50-PSI hardened alternate command center in Armonk, NY,
        and an AT&T system called "Quick-Check" at Cheyenne Mountain for monitoring
        voice circuits across the country.

        Albert

        _____

        An interesting report on how this affected various gov't comms
        services, including High Point, and a what if scenario at the NMCC &
        Pentagon.

        http://www.dod <http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/reading_room/68.pdf>
        mil/pubs/foi/reading_room/68.pdf

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2012
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "ozob99" <ozob99@...> wrote:

          > An interesting report on how this affected various gov't comms
          > services, including High Point, and a what if scenario at the NMCC &
          > Pentagon.
          >
          > http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/reading_room/68.pdf

          The above link is dead; the document may be found here:

          http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Science_and_Technology/WSEG/68.pdf
        • goldsmithtim
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2012
            Just reading this now at the live link and wondering what the entirely redacted location/entity is?(TOC, page 85(77) and 117(103))is?
            "OEP-High Point" is unredacted and featured prominently in the narrative.

            http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Science_and_Technology/WSEG/68.pdf

            Good find!