TD-2 IF amps (?) on eBay

  • jake
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2008
      Ran across this listing earlier today completely by accident. Untested, imagine that!
      Though I would pass along. -Jake

      http://tinyurl.com/42caho

      5 LEL I F Tube Amplifiers TD-2 Microwave IERC Shields

      4 x LEL I.F. Amplifiers
      Plus 1 more we just found from this same estate.
      Beautiful Chrome Chassis on each.
      22 x Top Line IERC Black tube shields.
      All shields but one are for 7 pin tubes.
      Shields are coveted for Collins gear, worth the start price alone.
      I cleaned and polished 2 units.
      The other three will clean up just as nice.
      Research shows little, possibly early TD-2, Microwave uses.
      Certainly the highest quality of the time, heavy, solid, chromed, best shields available. I
      bet these were very expensive new.
      Untested, from local estate.

      You get all four as shown plus one bonus unit that includes 2 x TR6-6927B shields for tall
      9 pins.

      I will remove and ship just the shields to save you shipping costs-on request.
    • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2008
        jake wrote:
        > Ran across this listing earlier today completely by accident. Untested, imagine that!
        > Though I would pass along. -Jake
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/42caho

        Interesting. I never saw IF amps like that on all the TD-2 bays in my
        area. Were there other manufactures than WECo that made TD-2 microwave
        bays?

        Dexter
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2008
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
          <dmcintyre@...> wrote:

          > jake wrote:
          > > Ran across this listing earlier today completely by accident.
          Untested, imagine that!
          > > Though I would pass along. -Jake
          > >
          > > http://tinyurl.com/42caho
          > >

          > Interesting. I never saw IF amps like that on all the TD-2 bays in
          my
          > area. Were there other manufactures than WECo that made TD-2
          microwave
          > bays?
          >
          > Dexter

          I've heard the russians and/or chinese cloned it but never heard of
          an entire bay from another vendor used in the Bell System; there were
          components from 3rd parties, e.g. 5W final(Amperex i believe) &
          commercial equivalents of other tubes like the 417A.