Re: Cone of Silence

  • Ben Tremblay
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Mike Cowen <mcowen@...> wrote:
      > With our colorful membership, there are undoubtedly some
      > who can't speak.
      The stuff I will not talk about is actually pretty trivial on the
      screen of history ... operational details.

      > I have no doubt there are some here who have been involved
      > in significant things most of the world doesn't know about.
      What I learned in September of '73 moved me to trash-can my career.
      Turned down a very attractive offer to reconsider ... accelerated
      promotion, special training (Pensacola?! Yes, puh-leeze!) and then
      attachment to diplomatic.
      Know what? The politics of that era lead directly to the ill advised
      adventure in Iraq.

      "War, war, war" instead of "Jaw, jaw, jaw".

      ^5
      ben

      p.s. when folk leave text dangle from the tail it accumulates. Merely
      bad manners ... but bad manners none the less. (Yes, I know it's
      ubiquitous ... IMNSHO it's an age of un-apologetic self-indulgence.)