nevada test site

  • art maples
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2000
      I have not seen any info. regarding testing of the hardened Bell System
      structures at NTS but that's not to say that there weren't such tests..
      I recently photographed old sites at NTS as part of my Coldwar Leftovers
      series and I did see the entrance to the "underground parking garage"
      in Frenchman Lake. It was one of the structures tested during the 1957
      Priscilla test.. Considering how massive the site is and what a small
      fraction I actually had time to see anything is possible. I'll be away
      from my computer until after the holidays but when I get back I'll dig
      into the subject some more.

      As I recall DOE has photos of some of the structures at Frenchman Flats
      on their website
      http://www.nv.doe.gov/news&pubs/publications/historyreports/news&views/default.htm

      Art Maples
      www.duotone.com