Scope Light revisited

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
      Browsing a 2004 FAA Special Military Operation procedures(
      http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/air_traffic_order
      s/media/mil.pdf )I found a reference to Cinclant Scope Light in
      Chapter 12.5.1.

      Since Scopelight was terminated about 1992 I'm thinking this was a
      carryover from previous versions of the pub; or does it live today in a
      different way?

      Researching this a little I found that the GEP at Norfolk was shut down
      & removed beginning in 1992; I'm not sure about the other 3 GEP'S on
      this network; since Waldorf was the Net Control, one was probably there.

      The GEP gear at Norfolk was Collins UHF & MUX with Autovon & dedicated
      GR lines to the usual places.

      Searches on Scope Light yield less details than the other two theater
      ABNCP's, Blue Eagle and Silk Purse, perhaps because it was implemented
      later than the other two. All have an interesting history, with many
      changes in their operations,a/c,missions & commands over the years.

      Other items of interest in Chapter 12 are: Night Watch,USSTRATCOM
      Attack Command and Control System (SCACS) Aircraft Operations, Special
      Air Mission/Scoot, NAVY Echo Item, & Nuke operations