AT&T Hugo, CO (was Re: AT&T microwave station: Julesburg, CO)

  • hooligan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      Has anyone ever seen the (former?) AT&T site in or near Hugo, Colorado?

      I wanted to find it when in the area during a cross-country expedition
      about 6 years ago, but didn't make it to that part of Colorado until about 3AM.
      Nonetheless, I drove down some lonely dirt roads, trying to minimize
      running over the thousands of field mice or whatever they were constantly darting
      across the road while looking for any sort of red tower beacon lights, and saw
      nothing.

      Details are very sketchy, but apparently NORAD had some sort of annex in/
      near Hugo. It might have been a remote HF radio receiver annex, related to
      the HF transmitter annex they had in Lamar Colorado, which was very close to
      the AT&T Lamar facility.

      Tim

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • s82917
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        The tower is 125', so it probably was not lighted. If you want to
        try to find it with a GPS, the coordinates are 39-03-15 / 103-28-48.

        Terry

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, hooligan@... wrote:

        > Has anyone ever seen the (former?) AT&T site in or near Hugo,
        Colorado?

        > I wanted to find it when in the area during a cross-country
        expedition
        > about 6 years ago, but didn't make it to that part of Colorado
        until about 3AM.
        > Nonetheless, I drove down some lonely dirt roads, trying to
        minimize
        > running over the thousands of field mice or whatever they were
        constantly darting
        > across the road while looking for any sort of red tower beacon
        lights, and saw
        > nothing.
        >
        > Details are very sketchy, but apparently NORAD had some sort of
        annex in/
        > near Hugo. It might have been a remote HF radio receiver annex,
        related to
        > the HF transmitter annex they had in Lamar Colorado, which was
        very close to
        > the AT&T Lamar facility.
        >

        > Tim
        >

        > **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking