Re: longlinesretirees: AT&T microwave station: Julesburg, CO

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2008
      I have heard 3 "reasons" why the site was moved,
      but no reasons why they went ahead and took the
      tower down.

      All three of the reasons I heard - path issues, path issues
      due to new bridges, and satelite interference have been
      discounted by various folks at AT&T.

      It was a rather strange situation selling the site, we
      had been to CO looking at three sites, Lamar, Westcreek, and Julesberg

      Late at night we were running around looking for Julesberg,
      with no luck finding it. We chatted with a local Deputy Sheriff who was not
      sure where the site was, but said he would check and call me when he found
      out. We drove on to Nebraska and got a room.

      Early the next morning, the Sheriff of the county called me, told me
      exactly how to find it, and said he was always interested in the site.

      He also told me where to find parts of the old tower, seems he was worked
      with the crew that took the tower down, and handled disposal.

      That Sheriff is who ended up with the property.

      Don't take your organs to heaven,
      heaven knows we need them down here!