Re: [coldwarcomms] 26-pair Military Telephone Box

  • clark doherty
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2008
      you looking for the entire comm box or just the connector and insert?

      John <jks19714@...> wrote: Does anyone on the list know of a source (other than new) for a J-1077A
      military telephone distribution box (the old 26-pair with hermaphrocon
      connectors)?

      I am searching for one to utilize in a mobile communications vehicle
      which I am building.

      Thanks,

      john

    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        Thanks, I will give them a call.

        john

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@...> wrote:

        > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
        > >
        > > Does anyone on the list know of a source (other than new) for a J-
        1077A
        > > military telephone distribution box (the old 26-pair with
        hermaphrocon
        > > connectors)?
        > >
        > > I am searching for one to utilize in a mobile communications
        vehicle
        > > which I am building.
        >
        > William A Perry Surplus in Louisville. 502 893 8724
        >

        > --
        > A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz@...
        > & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
        > Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433
        > is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433

      • John
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
          Actually, just the connector block. I have a viable receptacle
          housing, but the MX-3227/G contact block is in sad shape. I have a
          NOS 250 ft set, reel and J1077 box - all I am lacking is the contacts
          to have a very nice comm cable setup.

          (to the others, a 66-block and champ cable is a poor substitute for a
          CX-4566 in the field; their is no comparison in terms of ruggedness)

          Thanks,
          john

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, clark doherty <clarkdoherty@...>