26-pair Military Telephone Box

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2008
      Does anyone on the list know of a source (other than new) for a J-1077A
      military telephone distribution box (the old 26-pair with hermaphrocon
      connectors)?

      I am searching for one to utilize in a mobile communications vehicle
      which I am building.

      Thanks,

      john
    • Charles Fargis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2008
        66 H block is faster here is a link to one of gazillions on the web
        Lowes even has the punch down tool
        http://www.antonline.com/p_66B-AMP-NX_478303.htm

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2008
          as does Home Despot

          Charles Fargis wrote:

          > 66 H block is faster here is a link to one of gazillions on the web
          > Lowes even has the punch down tool
          > http://www.antonlin e.com/p_66B- AMP-NX_478303. htm
          > <http://www.antonline.com/p_66B-AMP-NX_478303.htm>

        • David Lesher
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2008

            > Does anyone on the list know of a source (other than new) for a J-1077A
            > military telephone distribution box (the old 26-pair with hermaphrocon
            > connectors)?
            >
            > I am searching for one to utilize in a mobile communications vehicle
            > which I am building.

            William A Perry Surplus in Louisville. 502 893 8724

          • clark doherty

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
                Thanks, I will give them a call.

                john

                --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@...> wrote:

                > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
                > >
                > > Does anyone on the list know of a source (other than new) for a J-
                1077A
                > > military telephone distribution box (the old 26-pair with
                hermaphrocon
                > > connectors)?
                > >
                > > I am searching for one to utilize in a mobile communications
                vehicle
                > > which I am building.
                >
                > William A Perry Surplus in Louisville. 502 893 8724
                >

                > --
                > A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz@...
                > & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
                > Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433
                > is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433

              • John
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
                  Actually, just the connector block. I have a viable receptacle
                  housing, but the MX-3227/G contact block is in sad shape. I have a
                  NOS 250 ft set, reel and J1077 box - all I am lacking is the contacts
                  to have a very nice comm cable setup.

                  (to the others, a 66-block and champ cable is a poor substitute for a
                  CX-4566 in the field; their is no comparison in terms of ruggedness)

                  Thanks,
                  john

                  --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, clark doherty <clarkdoherty@...>