Re: AT&T Denver

  • Mark J. Cuccia
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      Reggie <compactc9 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

      > Hi, I just joined the group and was wondering if anyone knew
      > anything about the AT&T building and tower in Denver, at 52nd and
      > Zuni. I can't really tell what might be in there, or if it is
      > being used anymore, but I do see a few cars in the parking lot and
      > garage.

      AT&T-LL has had two 4ESS switches in the Denver CO area for many years
      now; previously they had several 4A Crossbar toll switches in the
      Denver CO metro area.

      DNVRCOZJ05T (aka DNVRCOZJDS4) installed Nov.1979
      "Zuni" at 52nd and Zuni Streets
      I don't know if this particular 4ESS has been removed or if it is
      still in use.

      DNVRCOMA16T (aka DNVRCOMADS8) installed sometime around 1998/1999
      "Main" at 14th and Champa Streets

      The "Main" building is probably shared use between AT&T-LL and
      Qwest/USWest (and other more recent co-located cellular and CLEC
      providers). I don't know if Qwest/USWest has anything at "Zuni" --
      this one MIGHT be strictly an AT&T-LL facility.

      AT&T-LL has had a network management facility in Denver CO for many
      years, but I don't know if this is still in use "as such" -- some
      years ago (late 1990s?), "active" network management for AT&T-LL was
      supposed to have been discontinued at Denver CO (Zuni?) and Conyers GA
      (old "Rockland GA" facility in Rockland County, outside of Atlanta GA)
      with all network management/control was supposed to become fully
      centralized in New Jersey (Basking Ridge? Bedminster?), but AT&T-LL
      still maintains major network operational functions at both of their
      long-established Denver CO and Conyers GA locations.

      AT&T-LL also has an 5ESS-OSPS (Operator Services Switch for Card,
      Collect, Person, etc. services) in Denver, DNVRCOMA15T, but note that
      this is at "Main", not "Zuni". I don't know if AT&T-LL maintains an
      actual "Operator CENTER" in the Denver CO area -- where there would
      be actual live human OPERATORS -- the OSPS at "Main" I'm referring to
      is strictly an automated switch for operator/card functions, which may
      or may not have actual human operators located there.

      Also, AT&T-LL has installed 5ESSes, DMSes, and other switches all over
      the US in addition to their traditional 4ESS (and 5ESS-OSPS) switches,
      so it's also possible that there are one-or-more 5ESS, and/or
      one-or-more DMS switches at "Zuni" (and "Main") for AT&T-LL (as well
      as such switches owned/used by Qwest/USWest at "Main").

      mjc
    • Mike Cowen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Here are some pix: