Denver

  • Reggie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hi, I just joined the group and was wondering if anyone knew anything
      about the AT&T building and tower in Denver, at 52nd and Zuni. I
      can't really tell what might be in there, or if it is being used
      anymore, but I do see a few cars in the parking lot and garage.
    • Mark J. Cuccia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Reggie <compactc9 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

        > Hi, I just joined the group and was wondering if anyone knew
        > anything about the AT&T building and tower in Denver, at 52nd and
        > Zuni. I can't really tell what might be in there, or if it is
        > being used anymore, but I do see a few cars in the parking lot and
        > garage.

        AT&T-LL has had two 4ESS switches in the Denver CO area for many years
        now; previously they had several 4A Crossbar toll switches in the
        Denver CO metro area.

        DNVRCOZJ05T (aka DNVRCOZJDS4) installed Nov.1979
        "Zuni" at 52nd and Zuni Streets
        I don't know if this particular 4ESS has been removed or if it is
        still in use.

        DNVRCOMA16T (aka DNVRCOMADS8) installed sometime around 1998/1999
        "Main" at 14th and Champa Streets

        The "Main" building is probably shared use between AT&T-LL and
        Qwest/USWest (and other more recent co-located cellular and CLEC
        providers). I don't know if Qwest/USWest has anything at "Zuni" --
        this one MIGHT be strictly an AT&T-LL facility.

        AT&T-LL has had a network management facility in Denver CO for many
        years, but I don't know if this is still in use "as such" -- some
        years ago (late 1990s?), "active" network management for AT&T-LL was
        supposed to have been discontinued at Denver CO (Zuni?) and Conyers GA
        (old "Rockland GA" facility in Rockland County, outside of Atlanta GA)
        with all network management/control was supposed to become fully
        centralized in New Jersey (Basking Ridge? Bedminster?), but AT&T-LL
        still maintains major network operational functions at both of their
        long-established Denver CO and Conyers GA locations.

        AT&T-LL also has an 5ESS-OSPS (Operator Services Switch for Card,
        Collect, Person, etc. services) in Denver, DNVRCOMA15T, but note that
        this is at "Main", not "Zuni". I don't know if AT&T-LL maintains an
        actual "Operator CENTER" in the Denver CO area -- where there would
        be actual live human OPERATORS -- the OSPS at "Main" I'm referring to
        is strictly an automated switch for operator/card functions, which may
        or may not have actual human operators located there.

        Also, AT&T-LL has installed 5ESSes, DMSes, and other switches all over
        the US in addition to their traditional 4ESS (and 5ESS-OSPS) switches,
        so it's also possible that there are one-or-more 5ESS, and/or
        one-or-more DMS switches at "Zuni" (and "Main") for AT&T-LL (as well
        as such switches owned/used by Qwest/USWest at "Main").

        mjc
      • Mike Cowen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
          Here are some pix: