RE: [coldwarcomms] question re: sigint at Area 51 and NSA files

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008

      My understanding - and you're probably ahead of me on this - is that
      government UFO investigations (e.g. the Air Force's "Project Bluebook") were
      never seriously concerned with the possibility of extraterrestrial threats,
      but rather were intended to collect the public's sightings of secret US
      and/or Soviet aircraft. I've just read bits and pieces about it, but you
      might want to research that theme as a possible tie-in between the "kooky"
      UFO stuff and serious Cold War issues.

      And speaking of the kooky side, a good introduction can be had in Richard
      Sauder's "Underground Bases and Tunnels".