in pepperell near the bunker

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      on heald street just down from maple street
      there is a mound with a couple of antenna's on it
      owned by verizon. I saw some very unhappy
      linemen shoveling out part of it today.
      I drove by the pepperell facility
      does not look like it is in use.
      I took a couple of photo's but the most
      interesting thing is there was nothing to see.
      the front gate is wide open and still snowed in
      all of the ventilation shafts are mounded over
      with snow, meaning they are not running. the pictures
      show the vault as full but the climate control is not running.
      I have to say not very secure I could have walked
      right up to the outside door unchallenged.
      I of course realize there is a vault door behind
      the front door. just sayin