AT&T Long Lines Elimsport, PA site question.

  • Kurt
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007
      In the picture below, is this antenna a satellite dish?

      http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamspor\
      tPA/photo#5124008168582800178
      <http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamspo\
      rtPA/photo#5124008168582800178>

      Thank you, Kurt

    • Charles Fargis
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007
        AT&T Links usually have a backup
        Satellite antennas usually point to the sky ref elevation in Conus.
        1 antenna looks like horizontal

        Probably goes to a customer premise or its not telco no mo and on the cheap.

        <http://picasaweb.
        <http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamsportPA
        /photo#5124008168582800178>
        google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamspo\
        rtPA/photo#5124008168582800178>

        Thank you, Kurt

      • blitz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007
          Looks like a Prodlin 6 ghz dish with radome. Its terrestrial.

          Kurt wrote:

          > In the picture below, is this antenna a satellite dish?
          >
          > http://picasaweb. google.com/ kurtharnish/ ATTLongLinesElim
          > sportWilliamspor \
          > tPA/photo#512400816 8582800178
          > <http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamsportPA/photo#5124008168582800178>
          > <http://picasaweb. google.com/ kurtharnish/ ATTLongLinesElim
          > sportWilliamspo\
          > rtPA/photo#51240081 68582800178
          > <http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamsportPA/photo#5124008168582800178>>
          >
          > Thank you, Kurt

        • David I. Emery
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007
            On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 08:43:53AM -0000, Kurt wrote:
            > In the picture below, is this antenna a satellite dish?
            >
            > http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamsportPA/photo#5124008168582800178
            > <http://picasaweb.google.com/kurtharnish/ATTLongLinesElimsportWilliamsportPA/photo#5124008168582800178>
            >
            > Thank you, Kurt

            It might be a little easier to tell totally certainly with a
            side shot that showed the angles involved, but it sure looks like an
            offset fed (very typical of satellite dishes) dish pointing upwards
            maybe a little bit above the horizon.

            Clearly both polarizations are being used.

            But it is truly unusual to run waveguide to a satellite dish -
            universally they have a LNB mounted right on the feed and if that is
            waveguide (looks like it) it would likely not be a satellite
            installation.

            There are some LNBFs that look a little like that feed...

            The usual geometry of offset feeds is such that the angle the
            feed is pushed below the dish is the same as the angle the main beam
            comes in above the dish so if you have a side view you could check for
            this...

            --
            Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die@... DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
            'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2007
              1988?

              I think the foundations required nearly an additional 12 cy per leg,
              with an additional 14kph/psf of structural reinforcement.

              I think the prototype was an AFC. I can't recall the spec.

              Kurt <fan0616@...> wrote: In the picture below, is this antenna a satellite dish?