Capabilities in Oct. '62

  • AllenDulles@altavista.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 8:09 PM
      Greetings,
      I'm brand new to this site, so please excuse me if you've covered
      this already (I did try the search fn.), but...

      Does anyone know where President Kennedy would have conducted
      business from in Oct. '62, if the Cuban Missile Crisis had
      escalated? Also, what were the communication capabilities of Air
      Force One at the time--was the only secure communication via
      teletype? And, finally: I understand that Nightwatch was begun
      shortly before the missile crisis, but was it really an Eisenhower
      initiative that the JFK admin. simply carried through to completion?

      Thanks very much and I look forward to your responses.

      (Not THE Allen Dulles, just a nom de plume)