Re: [coldwarcomms] bunker rumor

  • Declared Hostile
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1, 2007
      rgates8254@... wrote:
      The Reagan admin figured out that most everybody knew where all the
      > so called super secret bunkers were and switched to a mobile mode model.
      > Some
      > of the large white FEMA semi's that are now used in various disasters for
      > communications and everything else were developed then at a classified
      > level
      > as a way to deploy leadership away from areas that would get hit.

      Interesting you should mention that. A few weeks ago I was discussing
      something that may be related with some friends and family members.

      Back in the early to mid 80s in Iowa, Missouri and Illinois everyone had
      observed some of the same vehicles that I had. They were several white
      semi tractor trailer rigs with box trailers which traveled together and
      seemed to have a couple of vans or cars sometimes following them. The
      thing about the tractor trailers was that they were painfully plain and
      ordinary. They stood out because they were just too ordinary and
      because they were traveling in a pack.

      Now also about this time we also began to see these same types of
      tractors but instead of box trailers, they were pulling what appeared to
      be tarped wagon type trailers that would be commonly be used to haul
      grains. These would also be running around in a convoy of 3 to 6 rigs
      painfully ordinary, new, well maintained vehicles that stood out like
      sore thumbs.

      Both types you tended to see more in the overnight hours. A couple of
      the box trailers were moving van type with a “belly” that you didn't see
      very often outside of moving vans back then. I remember seeing them
      quite a few different times through the 80s especially in the early 80s
      and into the mid 80s. A couple of people said they noticed seeing
      them when international tensions increased so they thought they might be
      government related. It was mostly shrugged off as "more of those white
      trucks running around"

      I'd never thought about it as I got older but now I wonder if they
      weren't the Mobile Alert Headquarters (or whatever it was back then) or
      some part of a COG related program.

      DH
    • John Flood
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 15, 2007
        Many people confuse the E-4B as being AF1 - and around the time they were
        filming the movie "Air Force One" the 747 used in the film, marked with
        identical livery to the real plane was seen at several airports around the
        country prompted claims of a "third" AF1 aircraft. As a vet of flying on the
        E-4B more times than I remember, people claimed we were "AF1" - if it got us
        a better room or better chow of course we would agree. LOL//j o h n